Check it out! We made the cover of Cashbox Canada magazine. Some really kind words from Pat Blythe about Desert Star as well.
The end of a hot summer looms, and things are heating up at JTB HQ as we countdown to the release of Desert Star on October 7. Here’s what going on:
ALBUM RELEASE: If you haven’t bought your tickets yet, do it now! The band will be celebrating the release of our double vinyl record Desert Star at Lee’s Palace in Toronto on Friday October 7th. You can get tickets here or by following the links in the tourdates section. We’ll be joined by our friends Freeman Dre & The Kitchen Party and Ann Vriend.
HUNTSVILLE HOSPICE BENEFIT: Our friend Jamie ‘Myrle’ Clarke is hosting a benefit for Hospice Huntsville on Saturday October 15th at The Algonquin Theatre in Huntsville, Ontario. Jamie’s father died last fall, and the good staff and volunteers at Huntsville Hospice made ‘something that sucked suck less.’ – We’re honoured to be part of the effort to raise money for such a worthy organization. Our friends in Bluebelle are playing the cocktail reception, followed by us, Myrle and the legendary Ron Hawkins in the theatre. Tickets can be purchased here.
OTTAWA SHOW: The band will be travelling to our home away from home to perform at Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa on Friday October 21 to play Zaphod’s. It’s always a bit of an early show at Zaphod’s – Doors are at 8pm, opener at 9, and we play from 10pm to 11pm. Tickets can be purchased here.
We’re so close we can taste it! Thanks everybody for voting for this week’s chart. Let’s push ‘Set Me Free’ to #1 and then give ourselves a big round of applause. Please take a second to vote – that’s really all it takes!
- We’re #3! Thanks everyone for voting! ‘Set Me Free’ has climbed two spots to #3 on the CBC Radio 2 Top 20 Countdown. It’s a thrill to know that Canadians from coast to coast to coast are getting a chance to hear the song. We love the support – so please take a second to vote for next week’s chart here.
- On Friday October 7, the JTB will be celebrating the release of our new record ‘Desert Star’ at Lee’s Palace. We’ll be joined by our friends Freeman Dre & The Kitchen Party and Ann Vriend. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased here.
- The new single ”Hot Heels’ with the B-Side ‘That Spice’ dropped today. You can take a listen right here
- Julian was invited to sing two songs at Austin Clarke’s funeral today. We lost a great Canadian and an important voice: you can read about Austin Clarke here – with a story on the CBC website here.
- On Thursday July 28 the JTB Trio will perform at David Pecaut Square at 12:30pm – free show!
- Big thanks to the awesome folks at The Danny BIA for putting on a great event at East Lynn Park in Toronto on Canada Day. Very cool that they booked original bands and put together the resources to present something for the fine citizens of this great city.
Join the band as we celebrate the birth of our home and native land on Friday July 1st at East Lynn Park. We’ll be playing two sets – at 7:00pm and 8:15pm. It’s a free show, and it’s all ages! Bring a blanket and the family, and we’ll cross our fingers that the excellent forecast holds.
The park is on the south side of Danforth Avenue just West of Woodbine. It’s a three minute walk from Woodbine subway station.